I'll keep updating this post as news trickles in. It's only about a half hour after free agency has started, so not much solid to report yet.
- Speaking on NFL Live just moments ago, T.J. Houshmandzadeh says he will have a visit lined up in the next 20 minutes. He said he gave his agents a list of teams he'd like to play for which include Philadelphia, New York Giants, Seattle, & Minnesota.
- Matt in the comments found this tip on the Eagles site. T.J. Houshmandzadeh sent a text message to 950 ESPN, a radio station in Philadelphia, that read "I don't know what's gonna happen, but if they want me, I will be an Eagle tomorrow."
- The Bengals website speculated that 27 year old free agent RT Stacy Andrews could end up with the Eagles
Last week, Lewis sure sounded like the Bengals thought they were close to a deal. Then nothing. Not usually a good sign, and the speculation has always been that a reunion was sought on the Philadelphia offensive line with brother Shawn Andrews or that the Jets have coveted him since they hosted him for a visit in restricted free agency.
- The Bengals are attempting to re-sign WR TJ Houshmandzadeh. ESPN's John Clayton is reporting that QB Carson Palmer is campaigning hard to keep TJ in town.
- The Redskins have made the first official signing of free agency, retaining CB DeAngelo Hall.
Hall reached an agreement with the Redskins on a six-year, $54 million deal that includes $22.5 million guaranteed and $30 million in the first three seasons.
The Redskins reportedly have just $8 million in cap space, with Hall making a portion of $30 million next year... The Skins may have to make some cuts before they sign every free agent available(as they've been rumored to do).
- It appears that the Eagles may have lost their first player, Fox Sports is reporting that Correll Buckhalter has already agreed to a contract with the Denver Broncos. UPDATE - ESPN's John Clayton reports that Buckhalter has not been signed by the Broncos, he will simply be visiting.
The Broncos have acquired two up two of them by agreeing to multiyear contracts with Correll Buckhalter (Philadelphia) and J.J. Arrington (Arizona) at the midnight opening of the signing period, FOXSports.com has learned. The deals will become official when both pass physical exams.
It was obvious the Eagles wouldn't bring Buck back, but it is surprising to see him sign so quickly.
- Highly coveted Ravens G/C Jason Brown will make his first visit to the St Louis Rams.
- The Rams are making lots of moves also scoring a visit with former Ravens LB Bart Scott.