BobQ noted that Desean was named player of the week yesterday, but the NFL put out a press release today detailing just how impressive Jackson has been this season.
- Jackson had a 67-yard touchdown run and a 57-yard TD reception in the Eagles’ 27-17 win over Washington.
- He is only the second player in team history to have a 50+ yard touchdown run and reception in the same game, joining BOSH PRITCHARD, who accomplished the feat in 1949.
- Over the past 20 years, only two other players have recorded a 50+ yard receiving and rushing touchdown in a game (CHRIS JOHNSON & CLINTON PORTIS).
- Jackson has scored five touchdowns (three receiving, one punt-return, one rushing) this season and all have been for at least 50 yards. He is only the fifth player in NFL history to record a receiving, rushing and punt-return touchdown in each of his first two seasons.
- He has scored a 60+ yard touchdown in four of the first six games of the season, only the fourth player in NFL history to accomplish that feat.
- In his second season from California, this is Jackson’s second career Player of the Week Award and first on offense. He was named the NFC Special Teams Player of the Week on Kickoff Weekend.
- Jackson joins running back BRIAN WESTBROOK as the only Eagles to win weekly awards for both offense and special teams.
This is the 3rd time this season an Eagle has been named player of the week. The first was also Desean Jackson and second was Kevin Kolb. Will Witherspoon was nominated for the award this week but lost out to Adrian Wilson of the Cardinals.