Or how big a nerd is CEagle?
So, If any of you guys are Madden players, you might know that the ratings for the players came out last week. I've spent some time with the "final" Madden 09 ratings (downloadable .xls from 1up.com) and they are interesting. Here are some of the things I found intriguing in the statistics:
- The powers that be at EA like Mike McGlynn and the O-Line in general is good.
- The Linebackers are thin and Akeem Jordan sucks.
- EA has no clue what's going to happen with our FB position.
- Kris Wilson is decent, but Schobel won't make the team.
- The D-Line is decent and Bryan Smith is a straight up clone of a young Trent Cole. Patterson and Bunk don't get much love, but Trevor Laws has Freakish Speed for a DT.
- Our secondary is ridiculous - excepting SS. I think I'll be playing Sheldon at FS and Dawk as the SS.
After the break I've taken that 1up.com spreadhsheet and split out the Birds players by and sorted them by postion and included few extras that IGN don't include on their table who might make the squad in anticipation of EA's first roster update. Take a look.
Click on each image for a legible version.
Quarterbacks and Special Teams